2925 Premiere Parkway, Suite 185 Duluth GEORGIA US 30097 (678) 336-8720
The physical insurance card or an official electronic image MUST be provided.
The responsible party accompanying the patient today, if the patient is a minor
(1) Benefits. Most insurance companies only verify general benefits. AOFS can provide the procedure and
diagnosis codes, upon request. AOFS encourages submitting a Pre-Estimate of Benefits. This may take the
insurance 6-8 weeks to process.
(2) In-Network Participation. Treatment rendered at an in-network provider indicates the doctor’s office has
agreed to a contractual sharing of healthcare expense by reduced rates.
(3) Status of your claim. Your involvement with the insurance company decreases the processing time.
Claims unpaid by the insurance company will be your responsibility 120 days after service.
(4) Final Reimbursement. All reimbursement decisions are determined by your insurance company, and made
strictly in accordance with plan provisions and patient eligibility at the time of service. AOFS is not
responsible for plan provisions.
(1) Insurance companies often process provider payments in bulk; therefore, it is likely the insurance company
will send your copy of the EOB weeks before AOFS receives it. Please allow 4-6 weeks for AOFS to receive and
process your EOB.
(2) Insurance claims (especially when filing to secondary insurance) can take up to 30-90 days to process. If you
receive a bill from AOFS less than 30 days after your consult or surgery, please disregard as our system sends
statements automatically every 30 days. Statements received after 30 days may be owed.
(3) Separate billing from an Oral Pathology Lab is possible. We provide them with your insurance information,
but we are not responsible for how they file or even if they file. You are responsible for their fees should insurance not cover it.